Taking risks is a huge part of entrepreneurship. It’s just a cold hard fact. Do you have what it takes to start your own business?
It’s about letting go of a “sure thing” and waiting on something greater down the road. Is your ambition and belief in your product or service strong enough to withstand the naysayers?
Here’s a quick checklist:
1. Are you considered eccentric? A risk taker? These personality traits are selling points when it comes to start-ups. Unique thinking leads to unexpected ways to solve problems, which is always a valuable asset.
2. It’ll never feel like the right time, it gets easier after the first leap of faith. Trust your instincts.
3. Do you believe that it will happen, if you don’t, then who will? You have to be all in.
4. Is your business model your mantra? Stand by your brand with dogged determination.
5. Can you ignore the inevitable distractions and stay focused on why you got started in the first place?
Don’t be hard on yourself, you’ll know when you’re ready to stop working for others. Helping to build the dreams of others while neglecting your own just feels wrong after awhile.